Sunday, September 30, 2012

Swimming Lessons

Since Noella is getting older and she isn't around a pool much these days, we decided swim lessons were in order. From growing up with a pool, I believe I first swam unassisted when I was around three and a half, so it seemed like a good time. That and she's just getting too comfortable wearing her floaties.

Noella is one of the older ones in this class, and I think that bores her part of the time. That, and she really isn't crazy about the teacher. I was hoping for someone who could push her as much as me, but who she would actually listen to (she knows she can whine and throw a fit if I ask her to try something). Unfortunately, she wants nothing to do with this lady, so its basically me teaching her. This girl is stubborn. I have no idea where she gets this. None whatsoever. When she doesn't want to do something, she DOESN'T WANT TO DO SOMETHING. And you better not tell her or ask her twice. When she is comfortable and actually tries one of the skills on her own, she does great and it's fun to see. She can now hold on to a pool noodle or a barbell and kick and paddle forward on her own. She will have nothing to do with me holding her around her waist while she tries this (which is something the teacher has us do at least three times during class).

I'm hoping we are old enough for the next class up soon. I think she is much more motivated watching older kids.

"This is the way we kick our feet, kick our feet, kick our feet"


That duck causes more trouble than good in this class. 

Mom and Noella. I'm smiling on the outside, but throughout half of this class I'm really close to dunking her for her bad attitude. 

The reward at the end of class: the duck slide. 

No comments: