Sunday, September 30, 2012

Trail Running: A Highlight of Bend

Trail running is a hobby of mine. Before I got pregnant this time around, I was getting very excited about long distance trail running. I had completed two trail half marathons in the early summer, and didn't want to let go of that distance, so I just kept going. Moving to Bend has opened up the possibilities even more. Miles and miles and miles of single track, double track, logging roads, more single track..... all with gorgeous mountain views, in the pine trees, along rushing rivers and creeks. I don't need much more to make me happy.

Of course, becoming pregnant, moving to a higher elevation and drier climate has slowed me down quite a bit, but I still get out when I can and hope to pick up right where I left off, come the spring. I have a cheering squad and a trail running apprentice. She's pretty fast:

Hydrating before the run.

Trail runner in training.

Watch those corners.

Taking a break by the creek.

Not too bad. 

Poor dad hardly gets to be in any pictures. He is always the one with the phone, and gets left out of pictures too much!



There, that's better. 

No comments: