Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ding DONG!

Okay, so I stole that line from Tracy. (Its in reference to Christmas Vacation, when all the family guests arrive....this is what happened to Adam and I for Thanksgiving...).
Yes, we had a full house of parents last week and it went fabulously. I think I can speak for everyone to say we all had a great time. Adam and I cooked our first Thanksgiving meal (which was a success), Tracy, Carol and Ruth (or the "Rooster" as we have cleverly deemed as my mother's nickname. It started out as the "Ruth-ster", but since she wakes up so early in the morning, and it sounds so much like rooster, we only felt it was appropriate. She likes it. You all should start using it too).

I unfortunately did not take many pictures of the feast, or other outings, for that matter. We did have a lovely trip down the National Scenic Columbia River Highway along the Gorge. We got to show them the wonders of the waterfalls along the way (yes David, we took you there too but it was not raining quite so hard this time).
The next day, we decided to head downtown to the Portland Saturday Market, as well as the PSU Farmer's Market. It was quite enjoyable (except for the relentless walking we made everyone do. Sorry again for that). After our markets, we went to the Portland Art Museum to view the "Wild Beauty" exhibit. This featured old 19th century photos of the Columbia River before it was damned, I mean dammed. No, it was not sent to hell somewhere in the mid 1900s. Quite awe-inspiring. It was a full day for sure.
Walking to the market....

Mother and son looking for some good jam.

Adam checking out the delicious produce.
Here is the beautiful bouquet the Rooster got for me at the market.

We will be home in a week and a half! I can't wait to see everyone for the holidays!!!

No comments: