Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Had Ourselves a Merry Little Christmas (and Happy Birthdays)

Actually, we had such a merry little Christmas, that we forgot to take pictures to remember all the fun we had in Missouri - visiting grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I regret that part about it, but I don't regret for one second spending every last minute soaking up the family time we miss so much the rest of the year. We'll take better pictures next year - right?

We had to fit in lots of fun (as always) over the holiday, as it was Christmas Eve, Christmas, my 30th birthday, Noella's 2nd birthday, Papa Tracy's 60th birthday surprise.... and so on, and so forth.... We couldn't stick around for yet another birthday (Nana Carol's - January 4th), but we should have just snuck that in anyway. I mean, you can't have TOO many celebrations in one week's time - right? Sheesh, maybe we should just have one huge party day: Jesus and the rest of us.

Christmas started December 17th for us. Santa had to come early, of course before we left for Missouri. He just always knows, doesn't he?

"Christmas" morning. Someone got a play kitchen! (it wasn't me)

 

Thomas the Train craze has entered our home
Now onto Missouri time. Papa Tracy's 60th birthday was earlier in the month. All the kids couldn't be there on the day, so we had a special surprise for him when we were all there. A new guitar.

I like how Noella is standing right up front there, like
"don't you just love it, Papa? I picked it out myself"


 I'm ashamed that I don't have ONE single picture from the Noelker side's Christmas Eve. It was a fun time. I guess too fun, if there aren't any pictures. Sorry mom!

Christmas morning at the Holts:
Real Christmas morning. Lucy and Aunt Maggie
being serenaded by Papa, singing Jingle Bells

Serious work. 

This is even more serious work.

Lucy at the end of the tunnel. 

Snuggle time with Aunt Maggie. 
 Noella's birthday party was a blur. We had to speed up dinner, as Noella saw her pink and purple cupcakes and wanted one IMMEDIATELY. After that, I can't really remember. A special and HUGE thank you to my sister and brother in law for letting us take over there house for this. It was the perfect place to celebrate. and Noella loves spending time there anyway. I'll just let the pictures do the talking.

Hope's Birthday message to Noella.

She loves it. 

Getting that dinner thing out of the way,
so we can move on to cupcakes already!

Cousins Alex and Sam. Gotcha!

Spaghetti lipstick

The moment she's been waiting for...

Everything she hoped it would be...

I can't talk to you Mimi, I'm busy.

Checking out the choo-choo under the tree...
 
It's awesome. 

Let the pink and purple madness begin: gloves and bracelets.

Headbands. As well as countless other trinkets (including pink and purple duck tape) . 

Happy second birthday my little (big) pink and purple baby (not a baby anymore). We love you more than you'll ever know!

No comments: