Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Card

Happy Holiday Season my fellow friends, family and blog readers (who are really my friends and family I'm most certain, if not - then happy holidays to you too!)

After going back and forth, trying to decide on a Christmas card theme, picture and note -- I decided to skip the whole thing altogether. While, I love the tradition and excitement of receiving one - to maybe see a new photo or hear some new information - we are never home to receive the bulk of them. By the time we get back home, Christmas is over, and well, so is the spirit. I can't hang them up or lay them out for our guests to see how  popular  many friends well loved we are. That being said, I feel like I give more information and photos in this blog than I ever could in a Christmas card. Most of my friends and family read this (hopefully... if not, then it's YOUR fault you aren't receiving our most loving holiday wishes). So... excuse me for copping out and using this 'ol blog as our Christmas card cheer. I like saving paper and money. Everything around the holidays is so much in excess, which I fall victim to every year as well. This is one way where I'm scaling back, but still spreading our warm wishes. 

I'd like to say what a happy year this oregonholt family has had in 2011. Noella continues to warm our hearts even more every day. She is amazing to watch, listen to and interact with. I can't wait to see what kind of a girl she grows to be. She's known her ABC's for quite some time now and talks our ears off all day long. Noella has made it very clear what kinds of phrases we say on a regular basis, as she begins to say them herself (e.g. "actually, it's a airplane", "daddy wants a red one, I fink (I think)")

Adam and I continue our passion for cycling, exploring trails and the rest of the outdoors. Cyclocross racing was more exciting and involved this year for us. We both took it to another level, which was fun. By another level, I mean moving up categories and attending more races. Noella's imaginary play every night includes bike racing, falling in the mud, crashing and needing a band-aid. 

We are finally putting down some roots out here, at least for a little while. We are moving East to Bend, OR and building a house. We are VERY excited about that. 

Here's to new beginnings in the upcoming 2012. I hope each and everyone of you can look back on the past year and be thankful and contented in your hearts and minds. Peace, Love and Joy to ALL!


2 comments:

Pam Arbogast said...

Hey Liz! Don't you be feeling at all guilty about this beautiful Christmas card, and ALLLLLL the time you put in to keeping up your blog throughout the year. You amaze me. BUILDING a house - in Bend - HOW EXCITING!!! And...I hope you know what you're getting into. We're just re-doing our floors, and I had to hide in the bathroom to change into my workout gear, worried that one of the three crazy carpet guys was gonna walk in. I had to shove a roll of carpet from the middle of the living room floor to have space to put my feet, and the couch is in the middle of the kitchen blocking access to to the fridge, so...I guess we'll have to eat out :-)

When is the projected move in date? And are you staying in Hood River until the house is done?

Unknown said...

Thanks Pam! We don't know exactly what we're getting into, but I don't think it will be as bad as a traditional house build. The plans are already made up - we just get to pick out colors and fun stuff. ANd we will be here in the Gorge until its done (for the most part). Original projected move in date was April, but we've had some hold-ups with all the paperwork, so WHO KNOWS! Your remodel project sounds fun :)