Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Satisfied....

Here is a lovely new fall-ish recipe I tried tonight: Broccoli Cheddar Soup. It froze overnight, so it's felt cold all day. Nothing tastes better on days like this than warm soup and fresh baked bread.

LOTS of broccoli and carrotts 
LOTS of cheese
Lots of other dairy (butter, milk....)
Even the little one enjoyed. She did not enjoy being so messy from eating it. OCD? Hmmmmm.....

Also satisfying? The woman who knocked me over in the cyclocross race two weekends ago picked me out of this past week's race lineup, tapped me on the shoulder and said: "can I give you a hug?". She felt bad all week and asked her friend what jersey I was wearing. She found me (the huge white bandage on my left arm probably helped her figure it out) and apologized. I told her "oh, it's okay. don't worry about it. I'm fine.....", all the while guiltily remembering the burning anger I had felt. What a difference a simple "I'm sorry" makes. It's all good in the Hood! I should mention we were neck and neck the whole race, passing each other after each lap. She ended up beating me by 10 seconds. I guess she didn't feel bad enough to let me win.... :)

Off to Bend this weekend for the double races (including a costume race). If you don't wear a costume, you will be heckled ruthlessly. We did what had to be done and decided on what to be: Bert and Ernie. Excuse me while I go help my husband paint vertical stripes on to his v-neck shirt.

No comments: