Monday, March 16, 2009

Bloom Where You're Planted.


We started our seedlings a few weeks ago. Hopefully we'll have our own mini farmer's market in our own backyard. We used the Mariano Sport heirloom tomatoes that Adam saved from our favorites this past summer, as well as some sunflowers and some leeks. What you're looking at are the beginnings of our sunflowers. We also planted lettuce, chard and kale outside, but I think there are some thieves living in our yard. Has anybody else begun their spring planting?


More to come....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see how this turns out!! can't you put some deer pee out there or something--does that help keep critters away? or maybe i just made that up...or maybe it attracts them...hmm...

Anonymous said...

Mom gave me one of those plant hangers that you can grow tomato plants in upside down. I am going to plant one soon. I am, however, worried that the squirrels will eat them (the tomatos, assuming they grow). I will be waiting with my bb gun when they do. Nothing better than squirrel with tomato gravy, and PBR of course...........

Good luck with YOUR thieves......

Bob