Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Real Stinger!!

Hey there! Adam and I took one last trip to our apartment in Jacksonville this weekend to pick up my car and drop off keys. We definately got our fill of Southern Oregon. Between a yoga class at the new Rasa Yoga Center, a hike up to Pilot Rock, an epic mountain bike ride on Mt. Ashland and a few beers at Siskiyou Pub - we were tired and fulfilled.

Back in PDX we've been continuing our home improvements. I've been trying to figure out what to do with all the fresh herbs we have, so I've been experimenting with making pestos and drying bundles of herbs. I feel so domestic...We have also been touring around the area to see what there is to see and eat what there is to eat.... We went to get dessert at "Pix Patisserie" (not sure on the spelling there). En route to the dessert shop, Adam got stung on the pinkie by a hornet. This was just a week and a half after he was stung on the ankle during a 10K trail run race by a hornet. His ankle is still swollen and now his hand looks like an elephant foot. Poor guy.





On a better note, the dessert was to die for. I got the "Queen of Sheba" which was some kind of heavenly chocolate molten cake. Adam got the "Shazaam" which was carmel mousse on top of chocolate almond cake with a gooey carmel center and salted almonds - all of it was encased in some kind of a dark bitter chocolate purse. "Wow" is all I can say. I think Adam thinks the dessert was well worth the hornet sting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam's hand looks painful--I guess he is allergic to bee stings OUCH!
Portland sounds awesome--I can't wait until November to visit

:) said...

Poor Adam!! That looks "not fun"!! But the dessert sounds delicious....also love the above post with pics from the market- so fun! And the house is too cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Who is Michelle