Monday, February 4, 2013

Life's a Beach

Well, our yearly trip to Cannon Beach has come and gone. I look forward to this every winter, after the let down of the holidays, at the start of Adam's crazy busy work season -- this is our traditional winter coast trip. And this year, it would be our last vacation as a family of three. That, I cannot believe.

This couldn't have come at a better time either. Between all of us going through 2 colds, Noella and I going through a nasty GI virus, me getting a sinus infection following one of the above mentioned colds and me going through a terrible reaction to my flu shot all within about 3 weeks - we (I) was ready to take a load off and forget about what all we hadn't been doing while we were all sick or helping each other when the other was sick.

So, following a work day on a wednesday afternoon, with the car loaded and ready to go, I schlepped dog and toddler over two mountain ranges in the rain, ice, snow, fog and dark. I was going to get there, damnit! Noella woke up around Beaverton (about 1.5 hours away from the coastal town) and gabbed my ear off while I drove over the coastal range in the foggy dark trying to keep my eyes pealed for elk.

It was a fabulous, relaxing and true family vacation. Usually we leave by friday because Adam is done with his work by then; but since now we have further to drive, and he had to head straight back out sunday evening to somewhere else, we all stayed the whole weekend to be able to spend more time together. What a treat!




On your mark

Go!

Finding a scallop shell

"Mom, take a picture of me while I smile"
 
Exploring the tide pools

Lots of little hermit crabs

Starfish

Fat, kinda weird starfish....

Just clumps of them all over the rocks



Adam is almost through the worst part of his traveling and we are (he is) working doubly hard at trying to finish some home projects before baby girl # 2 arrives. Here's looking forward to spring, new births and fresh starts! 

No comments: