Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Day to be Thankful

These are literally the only pictures I took on Thanksgiving. We were a bit busy: local turkey trot in which Noella and I ran and Adam volunteered for, rushing home to change and pack to hit the road for Medford, having a lovely Thanksgiving meal at our good friend Dave's house with many good friends and way too much food..... There wasn't a lot of time for me to get the camera out. I brought it and had great intentions of getting a cute family photo of us dressed up (which we seem to do twice a year). Regardless of the lack of evidence, we had a busy, but really wonderful day. Spending it with such great friends (while our families are so far away) makes us very thankful. 

And now, for the only Thanksgiving 2012 pictures I have (drumroll)......................

Pre-race stretching

Pre-race fueling

She really did a lot of the work

In the early, frigid morn, Adam rode his bike down to the Turkey Trot venue, where he did his Boneyard Brewery cycling team duty of volunteering. He helped mark the course and keep runners in line. I pushed a 34ish lb toddler girl in a 25ish lb stroller for 3.1 miles (with a 2ish lb baby inside of me). Noella got out for about the last 1/8 of a mile to "run" with me. She was very proud of herself. She instructed me to say "mom, say 'well done, Noella!'". We try to do a local turkey trot every year. I love that tradition!

No comments: