Thursday, May 3, 2012

Oregon Ballet Theater

Noella has recently begun her introductions like this:

"My name is Noella" {begins to pose with ballerina arms and attempts to do spins}. As if to say to these new acquaintances "are you impressed with my super-awesome ballet moves?".

She is obsessed. I must hear at least 38 times a day "I'm dancin' like a ballerina, mom" (oh yeah, did I also tell all of you that she ends 99.9% of all of her statements with 'mom' - but with a weird twang that she loves to draw out... e.g., "maowwm").

So, like everything else, we ignite this ballerina obsession constantly. Relatives give tutus, I buy her used ballet shoes and we get her tickets to the Oregon Ballet Theater. This obsession is now at a whole different level.

We went to see The Carnival of the Animals. We went with another little friend, Emilia, and her mother, Lisa. We wore pretty dresses, bought new "fancy shoes" beforehand and ice cream afterwards. It was her ultimate dream. She kept saying the car ride down to Portland "I'm happy, MAOWWWM".

Who knew that a 2 year old could sit through and actually enjoy a 2 hour ballet performance? I just don't give the kid enough credit sometimes.

Right before we left 

Starting to show one of her killer moves

Just smile and take a decent picture - OKAY?!

"THE" new shoes. They have not left her feet since she picked them out.

Just before showtime


Emilia and Noella. Notice how dainty and sweet Emilia is eating her ice cream. Or maybe it just appears that way sitting next to Noella.

Did I get it all?

She truly, truly loved this field trip. I'm so happy we did it. Worth every penny. She still talks about it!

1 comment:

Adam and Ashley said...

oh my gosh, so precious! what great memories!!