Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cherry Pie, Cherry Pie

This is what Noella thinks are the lyrics to Lady Gaga's "Poker Face". For those of you who don't know (ahem, Grandparents), the lyrics are: "can't read my, can't read my, no he can't read my poker face". In Noella's mind it goes "cherry pie, cherry pie, no he can't read my poker face" (well, in all honesty, she has no idea what the lyrics that follow cherry pie are). In fact, Noella thinks that Lady Gaga is actually "Goggle". 

Noella comes from a long line of relatives with a terrible knack for mistaking song lyrics. Why, her very own cousin, Will, used to think that the same Lady Goggle song was: "she ain't got no head no body" instead of "she's got to love nobody". Put the two renditions together and you've got yourself quite a funny spoof of "Poker Face". 

I have a few mistaken song lyrics from back in the day. One of my family's favorites was "You're Roastbeef", which was taken from Taylor Dayne's "Don't Rush Me". 

Needless to say, Noella has inherited this wonderful trait. 

Now, for the spectacular Lady Goggle:
"Cherry pie, cherry pie, no he can't read my poker face (she ain't got no head, no body)". 
-I think those lyrics are better anyway

5 comments:

mbleckman said...

All I've got to say is "There's a bathroom on the right".

Liz said...

Damn! I can't beleive I forgot that one. I won't live it down!

Anonymous said...

Or as cousin Annette would say, "I wanna rock and roll all night, and part of every day!"

Adam

outdoorfoodie said...

Whoa, comma whoa girl, the fire's on the side

Unknown said...

Okay, Pam, you got me!