Friday, November 4, 2011

We Like to Move It!

So, I'm way behind on my aforementioned new blog template. Turns out that you have to actually keep up with that idea for it to work! Hmmm..... we'll see. There's still lots on which to reflect though. For instance, Adam and I have lived in Oregon together for 5+ years now. All the while, enjoying, waiting, wondering, wishing, lingering, exploring, moving, adventuring, and enjoying some more. I guess I should say missing family and friends from the Midwest too. However, recent events have led us to a decision to stick around for a while. We had not bought a house here thinking we wouldn't stay long enough to get our money's worth out of it. While it's nice to be renting and not worry about all those things that go along with owning a house, we were still yearning for that feeling. Especially after Noella and Zeb came along. Both need more space to run and play. And Oregon is a beautiful, fun place. So, why not?

Now, the question was "where"? Our most favorite place in all of Oregon is Bend. We go there several times a year. The climate suits us, as does the lifestyle. The housing market crashed a while ago and is still a buyer's dream. So, it appeared to us that Bend was the answer.

I'll skip ahead to the fun part. We looked and looked and looked at houses (with Noella and Zeb, no doubt). Nothing seemed to jump out at us, until we found a builder who owned a gorgeous lot in the perfect neighborhood. He was selling the lot along with his plans for a new home! He's very flexible and easy going and met our requests, so we are going with it! It should be done by April! Yay!

I have some pictures of the plans, but I'm not sure if that's legit, so I'll just tell you that its a modest yet ample, energy efficient green home. Just enough space for us, on a half acre.

Noella is excited too. There are a lot of parks in Bend.


I think I forgot to mention that this will be our 5th home whilst living in Oregon. Did I mention that we've only lived here for 5+ years? What's wrong with that picture? Anyone willing to help us move will be given copious amounts of delicious Oregon microbrews. 

2 comments:

Pam Arbogast said...

So excited for you guys Liz, and for selfish reasons too...We get to Bend 2-3 times a year, so hope we'll be able to connect :-)

Unknown said...

Yay! Excited to see more of you guys!