Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mama's Not Foolin' Around

After Noella was slightly (particularly) overactive and a little (or a lot) cantankerous this morning on our fun play date and music class, I couldn't WAIT for nap time. I mean, surely she will sleep off her mood so I can do super fun things (clean).

An HOUR AND A HALF after I laid her down and said sleep tight she's up there fooling around in her bed. I go in twice to "pat you" and cover her up again. The third time, I open the door - she's standing up and about to say something ("No-yeh-yah wants some.....") - and say "go to sleep" (okay for honesty's sake, it was more like "GO TO SLEEP"). She collapses on to her bed like a rag doll. I cover her up and walk out. Silence.

Hopefully I have that effect on her for her whole life.

No comments: