Sunday, October 16, 2011

Portland International Raceway: 2011 Cross Crusade Race # 3

Ouch. That one hurt. While Adam and I always love going to these things (aka "cyclo-cross races), sometimes I wonder if I forget that I am a mom and have to care for a small child throughout the week. Because today, not only did I almost have a heart attack, but I was also pushed off the course on a sketchy hair-pin steep downhill turn by some random lady behind me ("you're too inside!" was what I heard behind me before she rammed me and I skidded on the left side of my body down the hill. That and then I heard a muffled "sorry!"). I did not feel pain, only seething anger at that point. Not until I had crossed the finish line did I feel the searing, raw pain on my elbow. I looked at it: YUCK. I don't think I'll post pictures. I forgot to mention in there that after I crossed the finish line I had exactly 38 seconds to get my about-to-vomit-redlining-heart-attacking self over to Adam where he was ready for the stroller hand-off so he could make his race start time. Doesn't this sound fun?

After I trucked Noella and myself to the first aid tent and answered her 1 million questions about "mommy's owie" and answering yes to "mommy needs a bandaid?" about 785,432 times, I did purchase myself a beer. I got a a beer and parked us in the sun and watched the rest of Adam's race. That made it all worth while. That and the awesomeness of the Cross Crusade Sundays.

And yes, we do look forward to this every weekend.

No comments: