Monday, July 4, 2011

Mommy Goes to Whistler

I have this amazing husband who lets me pick up and take off to Canada for 3 whole nights to go to an all women's mountain biking skills camp. The Trek Women's Dirt Series is highly recommended to any woman who wishes to enhance her riding skills. Many new skills were learned.

I was accompanied by 7 other lovely ladies from Hood River. This is the gang:


Unfortunately, because I was too busy mountain biking, I didn't get to take any pictures. Except of bears which were EVERYWHERE. I spend my whole Northwest existence waiting to see a black bear in the wild and here they are like squirrels. Oh well. Check that one off my list.

"I'm just a loner old bear. Don't like to be bothered by nobody."

Buddy Kate and I on the lift going up. You can sort of see the park behind us. 

This was soooooo fun. I wish I'd had at least 3 more days to continue exploring the trails there. I learned so much and the riding was spectacular. Next summer vacation idea -- anyone?? Adam and I tried to go riding there two summers ago, but I got knocked up and the trip was then demoted to a high alpine hiking trip instead. It is a beautiful place to go whatever you do.

No comments: