Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Funny Valentine

As you all know last month was Valentine's Day. Yes, it was LAST month already. I think I can honestly say I have no idea where February is, was, or went. While our little family is not real big on these kinds of holidays, I'm finding it much easier to give in to all the buzz. I mean, Noella would just LOVE this and she would have SO MUCH FUN with that! I really need to keep this kind of behavior in check. 

Noella went to daycare that day so we had to hand out valentines to all her friends. She helped by assisting with putting stickers on the (extremely discounted, 5 year old) Blue's Clues valentines. NoJo really enjoyed that activity. I can't wait to do more crafts with her. I'm already planning her Easter basket (wait.... didn't I say I needed to keep this kind of behavior in check????)

We did snap a few shots on Valentine's Day, and some others that weren't necessarily taken on V-Day, but go along very appropriately with it. 


Adam and I usually cook an extravagant, delicious meal for Valentine's Day and this year was not exception. Now, none of these things really go together, but each one was delicious. Three recipes were from my "The Best of America's Test Kitchen" cookbook. Which, if you enjoy cooking, you must own this. Menu: Wedge Salad, Corn Spoonbread, Pan-fried Barbequed Porkchops and, last but not least, French Silk Pie. I won't discuss the stomach upset that followed, but we didn't think about that when picking out what sounded good to both of us! 



There she is, my funny valentine. She loves this red hat Nana Holt gave to her. Insists on wearing it most of the time she is home. 



NoJo decided she needed some sexy, frilly underthings for Valentine's Day. She wasn't sure how to wear them though....



Two quotes come to mind here: "There's no place like home" and "She's got legs". 


Like the red hat, if these shoes are within eyesight, she MUST have them on her feet, or breakdowns occur.......





I have a whole lot to love this year! Sending lots of that love your way! 

No comments: