Monday, November 8, 2010

Cross Crusading Family

Most of you probably think we are nuts. We are.... kind of. We have taken our baby and dog with us on most sundays this fall in the rainy mud to ride our bikes, only to get every shred of belongings covered in yuckiness. Let's resort to one of last year's photos:


This isn't even that bad........ 

Adam and I shuffle our dependents while the other races. Adam begins the day with a 9:40 AM start up. Noella, Zeb and I cheer our hardest for him.





Then, he cleans up as best as possible and we all spend (too long) wasting time until my race. We  usually eat lunch, hang out in the car, visit with friends there and cross our fingers that it doesn't rain. We'll watch some of the other races taking place in between ours too.


Our favorite in between race activity: eating and/or playing in the front seat. 



The "stuff"

My start time is 2:10 PM. Noella usually crashes during most of this time, while Daddy and Zeb cheer me on.





It is insanity, I'll agree. But it is something out of the ordinary that is good for our bodies, minds and souls AND we can do it as a family.

Can't wait until next sunday!

No comments: