Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh NoJo!

Noella let us all have a great family day today. If many of you have not heard from me in a while, there's a good reason: Noella. Or shall I say Pheeny. I have decided that Pheeny is her alter ego name, kind of like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I fear we may have a wee little colicky one on our hands. We are able to calm her cries for the most part, but the trouble is..... I don't get to do anything all day. It's a great day if I get a shower and maybe lunch. I guess I do get to go on a daily walk with her, as she really loves her carrier. Which is why Adam and I got to get out for a while today.

We all went on a lovely hike on the Washington side of the river. The Syncline Trail gives great views and on a beautiful day, those views make up for all the crying and fussing in the world. We got to hike for two hours and then we even got to go out for pizza afterwards. Oh, Noella you spoiled us today!

Parenting has turned out to be a lot harder than I thought. It really gives me a lot of respect for our parents and parents everywhere. I tip my hat to all of you who have raised children; especially any that were particularly demanding of your attention!

This is what Noella thinks of that:



Another high note is she is starting to sleep better at night. This is a good thing, as she really doesn't like to sleep much during the day (despite her two hour snooze on the hike today). Sleep deprivation does take its toll. For example, at about 3am during one of the feeding/changing sessions last night, Adam asked me whether or not we should put on a cloth diaper or an "instant" diaper. I don't know why this was so hilarious. I guess word finding abilities are somewhat lacking at that point during the night. She also had gotten milk in her hair last night and had a "There's Something About Mary" hair-gel moment. We had to giggle pretty hard about that. If you don't know the movie part, I won't take the time to explain. But trust me, it was pretty funny!

Here is a shot from our hike today. Happy weekend to all!


No comments: