Sunday, November 15, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake....

Adam and I celebrated our 5th anniversary this weekend. Technically, its the friday after Thanksgiving (and it's technically not our "official" anniversary) - but we'll be in Wash, MO that weekend and busy, so we decided to celebrate a little early.




It was a humble celebration - a nice dinner out and cake. I asked Adam friday evening what kind of cake he'd like as his gift. As I scrolled through the food blog I read regularly, he spotted a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake recipe. This is what he picked. "Are you SURE?" I asked as I read the ingredients and steps involved. "Yep". Well, let me tell you it was worth every ounce of energy and every last calorie.

First of all, credit where credit is due. Smitten Kitchen puts out some fabulous recipes. Find this cake here.

I'm kind of new to double layer cakes and frosting and all that jazz, so its definitely not as pretty as I'd hoped, but DO NOT BE FOOLED! It is the most amazing cake that will ever pass your lips! Behold:



The chocolate deliciousness on top is a layer of ganache. It is almost too much. Almost.

How do we keep our slim figures while eating stuff like this? Well, me - I don't think I'm keeping my slim figure these days. But Adam continues to do his cyclocross racing. Here are some nice shots from today. I guess I could possibly work off like one of those tiny crumbs on the plate by running around taking pictures of Adam racing his bike.










It looks like somebody ate that cake a little too fast.... Oh, wait its just mud.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny-I have smitten kitchen bookmarked too...Maggie

Unknown said...

She's great - isn't she Maggie? I have used several of her recipes! See you soon!