Monday, January 12, 2009

The Holt "Food and Art Fest"

At least that's what it felt like. We went out for Sushi this saturday at "Saburos"with some friends. Just look at this platter. Its ridiculous. Too bad I don't eat the stuff. I stuck with my vegi yakisoba. I did try a teeny piece of the tuna though. Baby steps.


Sunday morning brunch consisted of the Portland favorite "Pine State Biscuits". This place is what comfort food is all about. Amazing biscuit sandwiches. Behold, the "Reggie Deluxe". Consisting of fried chicken, bacon, cheese and a fried egg with a side of shitake mushroom gravy. Mmmm...

The "art" part comes in on sunday when Adam and I began and completed a project I've been wanting to do for a while. With some help from Carol, I decided I wanted to find an old window pane to hang our wildflower portraits in. Lots of measuring, cutting, printing, cleaning, taping, untaping, more measuring, taping and stapling.

5 comments:

carrie said...

that looks great, lizzie! and you need to send me one of those biscuits in your next sister box.

:) said...

Liz Holt! You need to get on the sushi train girlie; it's so good!!! However, the pictures looking amazing- good work! :)

Kelly said...

Hey Liz - I bought a window last summer to use as a frame... Just haven't gotten it done yet. Mine is for some great black & white shots of my grandkids. Hoping it will look like they are peeking in!

:) said...

Well, I just didn't feel like Wichita is my "forever" and wanted to be up closer to Topeka/Manhattan/KC and I got several emails about this job opening. I will be the acute therapist for adults at one of the hospitals there and know one of the SLPs there....Maggie does PRN there too! Hopefully it's a good move. Hope you are great!! :)

mbleckman said...

That sushi looked especially "raw", so I can understand your hesitation.